Diwali Outfit Ideas for 2023
by GTN Engineering on Oct 16, 2023
Diwali Outfit Ideas
Diwali is a blend of traditions, and joy and symbolizes the triumph over evil. This festival also called the fest of lights helps us remember the new beginnings every year along with everything bright and beautiful. This feeling of new beginnings is about to extend to your closets as well with all these Diwali outfit ideas that are sure to liven up your festive mood.
It is that one time of the year when most of us give a full shift to closets with traditional attire for Diwali. Everyone in the family is just excited at the number of options that you get while dressing for festivities. Here are all the best outfits for Diwali along with some great Diwali fashion tips that will keep you at your best.
Traditional Attire for Diwali
From elegant sherwanis to sarees you can now light up your Diwali festive attire with some of the most traditional attire for Diwali. You can also wear a heavily embroidered lehenga or even a saree that infuses both sophistication and cultural richness. The intricate pattern of traditional attire for Diwali embodies all the traditions of the festival.
- To keep your traditional outfit at the top, you can pair your attire with embellished flats that go with most of the outfits.
- You can also pair some heavy bangles that will help complete your outfit.
Modern Diwali Fashion Trends
Want a modern twist to your traditional attire for Diwali? Well, then you can now pair an ethnic wrap-around dress with a jacket to keep it modern. You can also add an ethnic crop top with a pair of comfy pants to get a comfortable yet modern Diwali outfit. It is also one of the modern Diwali fashion trends to keep it simple yet spruce it up with heavy ornaments.
- You can keep the outfit simple while wearing heavy ornaments.
- You can also add a choker based on your choice of outfits from these modern Diwali outfit ideas.
- Heels can really take your outfit to the next level. Based on your comfort level you can either go for a high or low heel.
Getting some of the best Diwali outfit ideas can be quite tiring however with Anarkali glamour you can ensure that you are putting your best foot forward. Anarkali kurtas with their flowy texture can provide a royal look apart from also providing great comfort. The floral embroideries and the vibrant colors provide a glam vibe. Adding the dupatta along with your set can add to the Anarkali glamour.
- You can keep your neck bare while adding a statement earring to go along with your Anarkali.
- Heels are your best companion when it comes to the flowy Anarkali glamour.
If you are looking for special occasion fashion well then lehengas are unbeatable. With a high number of options, you can always choose your favorite party-wear clothing for Diwali. Here are some of the types of lehengas that are quite trending:
- Straight cut lehengas
- Sharara cut lehengas
- Jacket style lehengas
- A line lehengas
- Mermaid lehengas
With these many options, lehengas are your definite go-to options.
- You can either pair your lehengas with diamond pieces of jewelry or you can also add a bit of drama with pearl ornaments.
- You can tie up your hair into a half updo or you can also let your hair down with curls.
Pant Suits for Women
While pantsuits may seem like a Western outfit that does not really go with Diwali as a festival, there are some of the latest modern Diwali fashion trends that involve styling pantsuits. You can now give pantsuits a traditional twist and add a few heavy ornaments to complete your look.
- To get a more sophisticated look you can add heels such as pumps to get a part modern yet traditional look.
- Adding either gold or silver pieces of jewelry can also keep up your Diwali outfit.
Sherwani Charm for Men
Want to make a style statement? Well, then Sherwanis are just your buddies. By adorning a multicolored sherwani and dhoti pants you can get a Diwali outfit that is stylish yet comfortable in all aspects. You can either opt for a regular over-the-knee pattern or an asymmetric high-low cut for additional drama.
- To complete your Sherwani look you can add a digital watch.
- You can also add in a simple mojari or jooti to complement the overall outfit.
Nothing can beat the most traditional clothing in India when it comes to Diwali. Without a doubt, it is a saree which is a single piece of garment of about 4.5 to 9 meters in length and is wrapped around the waist to give a skirt-type look. This traditional attire for Diwali is sure the way to light up your outfits this festival.
- You might want to choose a bright-colored saree to symbolize the joy of Diwali.
- You can pair your saree with maang tikkas that are in trend or you can also add a statement neckpiece or statement earrings to match your saree.
Creating a Lasting Impression: Diwali Fashion Tips
Want to flaunt your best vibes during this Diwali 2023? Well then here are some Diwali fashion tips to go along with your festive fashion trends:
- Embracing the traditional vibe:Diwali is all about traditional and cultural vibes. Well, then you need to enter your traditional phase and get along with everything that is traditional and exquisite.
- Wearing comfortable palazzos:Dressing for festivities can be hard especially when you must hold in your breath for that tight lehenga! Well, then why not pair some comfortable palazzo pants with a simple crop top or a long embellished kurta to complete your special occasion fashion outfit?
- Pastels are the new trend:Everything from bay blue to baby pink and lavender is all the new hype. If you are also looking for something that is heavy yet on the lighter side of shades then pastels are your friend. They are not just wonderful but are also simple to match with various patterns and hues.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I style my hair and makeup to match my Diwali look?
For makeup, you can add a hint of color to your cheeks and eyelids while choosing a not-so-dark yet vibrant lip shade. Whereas for a hairdo you can opt for an updo which goes with most of the Diwali outfits and will also keep you away from feeling hot.
2. Are there sustainable fashion choices for Diwali outfits?
You could repurpose an old saree into a kurta for a more sustainable fashion choice for this Diwali. You can also convert sarees into lehenga or any other attire you want.
3. How can I dress my family in coordinated Diwali outfits?
You can choose multiple outfits with varying shades of the same color to ensure that not every color is the same yet they are very well color-coded.
4. What are some celebrities' Diwali outfits that I can take inspiration from?
You can check out some great outfit inspiration from Deepika Padukone wearing a Sabyasachi saree to Kareena Kapoor wearing a gold and black festive essential.